Local Governance at Unity Schools Partnership
The UnitySP Trust Board, through the Articles of Association, has committed to Local Governing Bodies to work in partnership with the Executive and Leadership Teams to fulfil the three core responsibilities of Governance.
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
We have married these to our Governance Charter and our Scheme of Delegation. These documents, together with the USP Handbook for Local Governance, clearly set out the role and responsibilities of our Local Governing Bodies (LGBs). You can access these documents from the links below or directly from the Unity Schools Partnership website.
Our Governing Body
The governing body is responsible for ensuring that the school provides good quality education by making key decisions about the school together with the Headteacher who is responsible for the school’s day to day management.
The governors meet regularly to agree on a number of issues including school policy, set targets and review the work of the school. Governors bring many different skills to the school which can help with developments and planning facilities.
Headteacher: Miss Hannah Brookman
- Mrs Michelle Bailey
- Mrs Allison Harker (Vice Chair)
- Mrs Rose Heap
- Mr Ben Jeffery (Trust)
- Dr Chris Pamplin (Chair)
- Mrs Michelle Wappett
- Mrs Lyndsay Buckland
- Claire LaRue
In the interests of transparency, we must publish here up-to-date details of our governance arrangements. Please see the Governance documents in the attachments section, for details about:
- the structure and remit of the governing body, and the full name of the chair,
- for each governor who has served at any point over the past 12 months, their full names, date of appointment, date they stepped down (where applicable), and relevant business and pecuniary interests including governance roles in other educational institutions, and
- attendance records at governing body meetings over the last academic year.
If you would like more information about becoming a school governor, or have matters that you may wish to raise with the governing body, you can contact us through the school office or by writing to the Chair of Governors, care of the school
Please follow the ‘Get Information About Schools’ link below for additional governance information.